What ideas do we have from 2011's Unconference that we can bring forward to 2012? I'll keep a list here, but would appreciate ideas from others.
- Get designated volunteers beforehand to run registration & to assist people, especially in the morning.
- Do more to bring out a broader range of people with disabilities.
- Take proposed sessions & do some work prior to break them into the respective rooms.
- Have video set up in more rooms.
- Provide closed captioning.
- Have secure Internet in all rooms.
- Have a core team of Ottawa organizers.
- Officially invite the mayor to attend (I neglected to do this this year).
- Make sure not to be aware of events by https://twitter.com/#!/opendataottawa & http://www.opendataday.org
- Set up a LinkedIN or Facebook Group
- Get more volunteers in to help organize the event.
- Make it a more accessible event by providing accommodations.
- Getting more money from sponsors to do this.
- Find another venue where rooms would be bigger and the open space (jean piggot) would provide better conditions for audio.
- Capture the conferences on video.
- Make sure each room has a projector.
- Have a team ready to deal with the schedule as soon as posible.
- Remember to mention International Day of Persons with Disabilities http://www.un.org/disabilities/